Hospitals often try to maximize profits, which can be very dangerous for patients. If you or a loved one has been the victim of patient dumping, you may be entitled to compensation for your harm. At DeFrancisco & Falgiatano Personal Injury Lawyers, our experienced Syracuse medical malpractice attorneys are vigorously dedicated to representing victims of malpractice. Dealing with a medical injury can be daunting but we are here to help.
Patient dumping generally refers to situations in which hospitals deny medical screening and stabilization services. Patient dumping take can happen in a variety of ways, including, but not limited, to:
- When a hospital turns away someone in need of emergency care;
- When a hospital transfers a patient when it is not necessary to do so;
- When a hospital discharges a patient before they are stable;
- When a patient is transferred without receiving adequate medical care first;
- When a hospital discharges a patient too early;
- When a hospital unreasonably delays emergency medical treatment.